Vision, Mission, & Values
We envision the University of Maryland as a fully equitable community that empowers innovators and agents of social justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people.
The LGBT Equity Center serves University of Maryland students, staff, faculty, and alumni of all gender identities and sexual orientations.
In pursuit of our vision, we:
- Build community and networks
- Provide support and resources
- Foster leadership
- Educate and promote academic excellence
- Advocate for equity
- Personalized and holistic care
- Attention to detail
- Intersectional social justice