- 1894/96 (?) - constructed;
called Mechanical Engineering Bldg.
- 1904 - west wing annex constructed;
housed forge, foundry and central steam plant.
- 1909 - east wing constructed;
called Mechanical Bldg.
- 1925 - called Engineering Group and housed Engineering Depts
- 1932 - part of what is now called Francis Scott Key constructed.
- 1939/40 - rest of what is now called Francis Scott Key constructed.
- 1942 - named Commerce Bldg.
- 1954 - named Taliaferro
- 1961 - west section razed.
- Named after:
Thomas Hardy Taliaferro. Dean/College of Engineering;
Dean/College of Arts and Sciences.
- c. 1950 - used by College of Business and Public Administration
- see also Francis Scott Key Bldg.